Sunday, November 16, 2014

Journal Entry #6: The First Five Weeks Reflection

My favorite assignments during the first five weeks of this class were: making my own webpages, learning the basics of HTML, and using Dreamweaver. I discovered that I can make a simple webpage by just using notepad or a simple text editor, like TACO Edit and being able to know basic HTML commands. I managed to create a few webpages by using this method. I also find that the Dreamweaver program to be rather easy to use when making more complex webpages because this program has a feature where I can click on the command, instead of typing, allowing the program to do some of the work for me.

The two assignments that I had the most difficulty so far were the tables and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) assignments. In the tables assignment, I was confused with some of the commands when making a table and as a result, some of the tables that I made looked funny. Eventually, I figured out how to fix the problem by following the proper coding for tables and mastering the more complex table commands. As for the CSS assignment, much of the concepts of making CSS were new to me, so I had to learn how to use the commands of making CSS. Additionally, I had to do a lot of fine adjustments so my CSS pages would look right. On the other hand, I find that making CSS pages to be fun and colorful, once I got the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment